Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
This guide provides information for people caring for someone with AIDS at home. It is also for people with AIDS and HIV infection who are sick and need care.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- How to get ready to take care of someone at home
- What you need to know about HIV and AIDS
- How HIV is spread
- How HIV is NOT spread
- Giving care
This tool summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) 2005 practice guideline update for followup after primary therapy for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Updated 2005 recommendations
- Imaging procedures
- Endoscopic surveillance techniques
- History and physical examination and risk assessment
- Laboratory tests
This brochure provides information about scleroderma and helpful hints to cope with it.
This brochure is organized into the following sections:
- Coping with scleroderma
- The beginning
- The diagnosis
- The emotions
- Anger and depression
- Bargaining and acceptance
- Helpful hints
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
This 32-page booklet will help patients and their health care providers plan ways to control asthma.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is asthma?
- Why does asthma happen?
- Work with your health care provider
- How to use a peak flow meter
- Asthma diary
- Asthma action plan
- Asthma medicine
- How to take asthma medicines
- Asthma attacks can be dangerous
- Follow your asthma action plan
This 39-page workbook will help State leaders develop the information needed to support quality improvement efforts for asthma-related health care. The written exercises help users begin to think about effective partnerships, assembly of State data, questions to raise about interpretation of the data, and quality improvement techniques.
The following modules are presented in this workbook:
- Module 1: Making the case for asthma care quality improvement
- Assess the...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of cryptosporidiosis (crypto). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is crypto?
- What are the symptoms of crypto?
- How does crypto affect someone with AIDS or HIV?
- How is crypto spread?
- Can crypto be treated?
- How can I protect myself from crypto?
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy