This tool summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) 2005 practice guideline update for followup after primary therapy for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Updated 2005 recommendations
- Imaging procedures
- Endoscopic surveillance techniques
- History and physical examination and risk assessment
- Laboratory tests
This brochure provides information about scleroderma and helpful hints to cope with it.
This brochure is organized into the following sections:
- Coping with scleroderma
- The beginning
- The diagnosis
- The emotions
- Anger and depression
- Bargaining and acceptance
- Helpful hints
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This tool, developed by the American Academy of Neurology, provides guidelines that summarize the best research on recognizing, diagnosing, and providing treatment options for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- How can you recognize Alzheimer’s disease?
- How does a doctor diagnose Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the treatment and care options available today?
- Where can you find more resources?...
This 15-page module summary on posttraumatic disorders in primary care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on acute stress disorder (ASD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This module summary addresses the following topics:
- ASD and PTSD in primary care (algorithm)
- Common symptoms after exposure...
This 39-page workbook will help State leaders develop the information needed to support quality improvement efforts for asthma-related health care. The written exercises help users begin to think about effective partnerships, assembly of State data, questions to raise about interpretation of the data, and quality improvement techniques.
The following modules are presented in this workbook:
- Module 1: Making the case for asthma care quality improvement
- Assess the...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of cryptosporidiosis (crypto). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is crypto?
- What are the symptoms of crypto?
- How does crypto affect someone with AIDS or HIV?
- How is crypto spread?
- Can crypto be treated?
- How can I protect myself from crypto?
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
This form may be used by patients either at home or during their office visit to plan their self-management goals for managing their chronic illness.
Free registration is required.
This workbook is a learning tool for all State officials who want to improve the quality of health care. In conjunction with the Resource Guide, which uses State-level data on diabetes care from the 2003 National Healthcare Quality Report, this workbook is designed to help States assess the quality of care in their States and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This workbook takes users through a series of written exercises that will help them begin to...