The Queueing ToolPak (QTP) is a Microsoft Excel add-in that performs basic calculations for waiting line analysis. The functions allow integration of queueing performance measures into spreadsheet models without the limitations imposed by templates with fixed input and output areas that are commonly used for analysis of waiting lines.
This patient guide is based on clinical guidelines written to help physicians who are evaluating and treating various types of thyroid dysfunction in women before, during, and after their pregnancy.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- Who is at higher risk of hyperthyroidism during pregnancy?
- What special considerations apply to the diagnosis and management of hyperthyroidism during pregnancy and postpartum?
- What is the recommended treatment for...
This toolkit is designed to facilitate the communication of critical test results from the lab or nurse to the physician. Critical test results are defined as any test result that may result in serious outcomes for patients. Improving communication of critical test results can reduce the rate of adverse events, because the physician has time to intervene.
The toolkit includes the following:
- A sample worksheet for recording the reporting of critical values
- Sources of...
This tool addresses common questions about migraine headaches including:
- What is a migraine headache?
- What causes migraine?
- Are there different kinds of migraine?
- How does a migraine headache differ from a tension headache?
- When should I seek help for my headaches?
- What tests are used to find out if I have migraine?
- Are women more prone to migraine headaches?
- How is a woman’s menstrual cycle related to migraine?
This 106-page guide from the American Cancer Society provides detailed information about breast cancer, including information on risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What is cancer?
- What is breast cancer?
- Normal breast structure
- Benign breast lumps
- Breast cancer general terms
- Types of breast cancers
- What are the key statistics about breast cancer?...
This three-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of antiemetics in oncology.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Chemotherapy-induced emesis
- Radiation-induced emesis
Three tables summarize the following topics:
- Antiemetic agents and regimens, emetic risk categories, special emetic problems, and radiation-induced emesis
- Emetic risk of...
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This one-page tool, in Microsoft(r) Word format, uses the colors of a stoplight to guide patients in managing their asthma symptoms. The tool is divided into green (“all clear”), yellow (“caution”), and red (“medical alert”) zones. For each zone, the tool provides signs and symptoms and allows the health care provider to give specific instructions for managing the condition, including guidance on when to seek emergency medical assistance.
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of rectal cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information
- Adjuvant therapy
- Advanced disease
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- TNM definitions
- American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) stage groupings
This tool cites examples of personal uncertainties, family relationship changes, work disruptions, and financial worries that may contribute to the long-term impact of a traumatic event. This tool also includes tips on how to survive the road to recovery from a traumatic event.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember when trying to understand disaster events
- Signs that stress management assistance is needed
- Ways to ease the stress ...