This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult Hodgkin lymphoma.
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Cellular classification of adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Stage information for adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Treatment option overview
This tool gives health care workers information about the risks of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens, including hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and suggests actions to be taken when such exposures occur.
The following health topics are discussed:
- Occupational exposures to blood
- If an exposure occurs
- Risk of infection after exposure
- Treatment for the exposure
- Followup after...
This evidence report presents the results of a systematic review to evaluate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) as promising markers for heart failure diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
The evidence report is organized as follows:
- Heart failure
- Determinants of BNPs
- Diagnosis of heart failure using BNPs
- Prognostic utility of BNPs
- Treatment monitoring using BNPs
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This summary for patients addresses breast cancer treatment in women who are pregnant, nursing, or have just given birth.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer and pregnancy
- Stages of breast cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Early stage breast cancer (stage I and stage II)
- Late stage breast cancer (stage III and stage IV)
This guide, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides up-to-date information on women’s heart disease and practical suggestions for reducing the risk of heart-related problems.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- The heart truth
- Finding out your risk
- Major risk factors for heart disease
- Other factors that affect heart disease
- Taking control
- An action plan for heart health
- A family plan for heart...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Cellular classification
- Clinical presentation
- Stage information
- Treatment options
This tool presents questions and answers addressing early stage breast cancer.
It covers the following breast cancer-related topics:
- Lobular vs. ductal carcinoma
- Side effects
- Breast reconstruction
- More information/links to other resources
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) in African Americans and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
This Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) training manual has been designed to assist with the administration and coding of the CAM, and to provide supplementary information for interested clinical investigators.
The CAM improves the identification and recognition of delirium in geriatric patients. CAM enables non-psychiatrically trained clinicians to identify delirium quickly and accurately in both clinical and research settings on the basis of an interview with the patient that...