The interactive menu planner is designed to guide daily food and meal choices based on one day’s calorie allowance.
This planner may be used in advance to plan a meal, or at the end of a day to add up total calories, as well as fat and carbohydrates consumed.
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on routine vitamin supplementation to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What does the evidence indicate?
- Should people take vitamin supplements?
- What are the potential harms of vitamin supplements?
- More information
This tool provides information about medical risks when traveling for people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the steps they can take to protect themselves. This information is also available in Spanish.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Before you travel
- When you travel
- For more information
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...
This tool presents questions that patients can ask their doctors about heart health, as well as a quiz for assessing heart attack risk. It is part of the Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease among women.
This Web site is a one-stop gateway to school food safety information and resources. It includes the following information:
Action Guide Tools: Use the tools to launch and build support for food-safe school programs, such as a how-to guide and video, motivational PowerPoint(r) presentation and administrator’s briefing brochure, and topical in-depth modules
Assess: Assess your school’s food safety strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for improvement using the Food-Safe...
This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...
Fit Facts TM are concise, one-page information sheets—more than 100 in all—each covering a different health or fitness topic. Each sheet contains valuable how-to information—from advice on the best type of exercise for weight loss to pointers on choosing a personal trainer.
These fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Choosing fitness trainers and instructors
- Exercising with health challenges
These slides are an education tool that provides accurate information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
These slides present the following information:
- Understanding FASD
- FASD facts
- Cause of FASD
- FASD and alcohol
- Alcohol and women
- FASD and the brain
- Number of people with an FASD
- Prevention and risk reduction
- Prevention is the...
This 64-page booklet, based on the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) research findings, tells about high blood pressure and how to follow the DASH eating plan to reduce the amount of sodium you consume. It offers tips on how to start and stay on the eating plan, as well as a week of menus and some recipes.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is high blood pressure?
- Blood pressure levels for adults
- What is the DASH eating...