This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
The interactive menu planner is designed to guide daily food and meal choices based on one day’s calorie allowance.
This planner may be used in advance to plan a meal, or at the end of a day to add up total calories, as well as fat and carbohydrates consumed.
This tool provides hand hygiene tips and suggestions for hand washing when running water is not available.
Tips are provided on:
- When you should wash your hands
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Washing with soap and water
This tool provides information about medical risks when traveling for people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the steps they can take to protect themselves. This information is also available in Spanish.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Before you travel
- When you travel
- For more information
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...
This slide show is a cessation intervention course which pharmacists and clinicians can take and earn free continuing education credit.
The objectives of this course are:
- Describe a new, redefined role for the pharmacist in the tobacco cessation process, positioning them as the initiator of the quit not solely as the provider of services.
- Summarize how the pharmacist can serve as a motivator and educator for cessation.
- Explain the importance of pharmacists...
This tool presents questions that patients can ask their doctors about heart health, as well as a quiz for assessing heart attack risk. It is part of the Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease among women.
This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...
This fact sheet addresses the prevention, spread, and treatment of the flu in schools.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Fast flu facts
- Things to keep in mind for school-age children
- Things for schools to keep in mind
Fit Facts TM are concise, one-page information sheets—more than 100 in all—each covering a different health or fitness topic. Each sheet contains valuable how-to information—from advice on the best type of exercise for weight loss to pointers on choosing a personal trainer.
These fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Choosing fitness trainers and instructors
- Exercising with health challenges