This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
The interactive menu planner is designed to guide daily food and meal choices based on one day’s calorie allowance.
This planner may be used in advance to plan a meal, or at the end of a day to add up total calories, as well as fat and carbohydrates consumed.
This tool presents some signs and symptoms of serious health conditions, which should be checked by a doctor or nurse including:
- Signs of a heart attack
- Signs of a stroke
- Symptoms of reproductive health problems
- Symptoms of breast problems
- Symptoms of lung problems
- Symptoms of stomach or digestive problems
- Symptoms of bladder problems
- Symptoms of skin problems
- Symptoms of muscle or joint problems
- Symptoms of...
This tool provides information about medical risks when traveling for people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the steps they can take to protect themselves. This information is also available in Spanish.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Before you travel
- When you travel
- For more information
This toolkit from the Bright Futures for Women's Health and Wellness (BFWHW) Initiative is for women who want to improve the health of their communities. It provides guidance to plan, carry out, and evaluate a physical activity and/or healthy eating event. It also includes real-life stories from women who took action in their communities to get people moving and eating healthier.
This toolkit is divided into 10 Building Blocks—ideas and tools to help women plan a community activity:...
This tool presents questions that patients can ask their doctors about heart health, as well as a quiz for assessing heart attack risk. It is part of the Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease among women.
This patient handout provides information on group B strep screening and treatment during pregnancy.
This information sheet addresses the following questions:
- What is group B strep?
- Why do I need to get tested for group B strep during each pregnancy?
- What happens to babies born with the group B strep bacteria?
- How can group B strep disease in babies be prevented?
- What if I’m allergic to some antibiotics?
- How does someone get group B...
This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...
Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
Fit Facts TM are concise, one-page information sheets—more than 100 in all—each covering a different health or fitness topic. Each sheet contains valuable how-to information—from advice on the best type of exercise for weight loss to pointers on choosing a personal trainer.
These fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Choosing fitness trainers and instructors
- Exercising with health challenges