This brochure offers people with AIDS tips on how to avoid foodborne illnesses.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Bacteria and food poisoning
- Shopping for food
- At home
- Eating out
- Traveling abroad
These rack cards, available for home, office, or professional printing, advise mothers-to-be against drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. Rack cards are available in four styles and are available for download in color or black print.
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
The Comprehensive Clinic Assessment Software Application (CoCASA) is a tool for assessing immunization practices within a clinic, private practice, or any other environment where immunizations are provided. This software is designed to be used in conjunction with the Assessment, Feedback, Incentives, Exchange (AFIX) strategy. CoCASA has data entry and import capabilities. After immunization data have been entered into CoCASA, data analysis capabilities can be utilized to pinpoint strengths...
This tool presents questions that patients can ask their doctors about heart health, as well as a quiz for assessing heart attack risk. It is part of the Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease among women.
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on routine vitamin supplementation to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What does the evidence indicate?
- Should people take vitamin supplements?
- What are the potential harms of vitamin supplements?
- More information
This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...
Fit Facts TM are concise, one-page information sheets—more than 100 in all—each covering a different health or fitness topic. Each sheet contains valuable how-to information—from advice on the best type of exercise for weight loss to pointers on choosing a personal trainer.
These fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Choosing fitness trainers and instructors
- Exercising with health challenges
These slides are an education tool that provides accurate information on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
These slides present the following information:
- Understanding FASD
- FASD facts
- Cause of FASD
- FASD and alcohol
- Alcohol and women
- FASD and the brain
- Number of people with an FASD
- Prevention and risk reduction
- Prevention is the...