The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Division of Workplace Programs provides centralized access to information about drug-free workplaces and related topics.
Following is a list of the topics addressed:
- Drug testing
- For Federal agencies and employees
- For labs
- For specimen collectors
- For Medical Review Officers
- Drug Testing Advisory Board ...
The 29th report of the Surgeon General examines the toxicology, prevalence, health effects, and control of exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke.
This report includes the following information:
- Introduction, summary, and conclusions
- Toxicology of secondhand smoke
- Evidence of carcinogenic effects from secondhand smoke exposure
- Mechanisms of respiratory tract injury and disease caused by secondhand smoke exposure
- Mechanisms of secondhand smoke...
This 19-page guide presents information to help older adults avoid problems with medication use.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Aging and health: You and your medicines
- Talk to your health care professionals
- What you need to know about your prescription medicines
- Taking prescription medicines
- Taking over-the-counter medicines
- Cutting medicine costs
- Tips for seniors on safe medicine use
- My medicine record...
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
For those who are not immunized against the flu, this tool presents three suggestions to help reduce the chances of getting the illness.
This tool provides links for downloading 14 campaign posters on respiratory hygiene tips for reducing the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote respiratory hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings.
This easy-to-use 40-page pocket guide focuses on general principles of stress management and offers simple, practical strategies that can be incorporated into the daily routine of crisis response managers and workers (including first responders, public health workers, construction workers, transportation workers, utilities workers, and volunteers). The guide also provides a concise orientation to the signs and symptoms of stress.
This pocket guide includes the following topics:...
Diabetes: The Numbers is a slide presentation that contains U.S. diabetes prevalence and incidence rates broken down by age, sex, and race/ethnicity. They are designed as a resource for health care professionals, diabetes educators, and students to educate about and help to manage the challenges of diabetes prevention and control. The slides can be downloaded as an entire presentation or used individually.
This tool presents some signs and symptoms of serious health conditions, which should be checked by a doctor or nurse including:
- Signs of a heart attack
- Signs of a stroke
- Symptoms of reproductive health problems
- Symptoms of breast problems
- Symptoms of lung problems
- Symptoms of stomach or digestive problems
- Symptoms of bladder problems
- Symptoms of skin problems
- Symptoms of muscle or joint problems
- Symptoms of...
This toolkit from the Bright Futures for Women's Health and Wellness (BFWHW) Initiative is for women who want to improve the health of their communities. It provides guidance to plan, carry out, and evaluate a physical activity and/or healthy eating event. It also includes real-life stories from women who took action in their communities to get people moving and eating healthier.
This toolkit is divided into 10 Building Blocks—ideas and tools to help women plan a community activity:...