This tool enables users to find out where they can learn more about getting a free or low-cost mammogram and Pap test. Users can access information for a specific State or Territory as well as for American Indian/Alaska Native organizations.
For each State/Territory/organization, the following types of information are provided:
- Contact information to learn more about getting screened
- Program information for breast and cervical cancer early detection
Let’s Talk About Stroke is a series of downloadable patient information sheets, created by the American Stroke Association, that presents information in a question-and-answer format that’s brief, easy to follow, and easy to read. They can be used by physicians to foster communication with patients about stroke. Some are available in Spanish as well as English.
The patient information sheets cover two general topics: stroke prevention and life after stroke.
These four posters warn about the dangers of secondhand smoke.
Topics of the posters include:
- Protect yourself from secondhand smoke
- There’s no such thing as a no smoking section
- Secondhand smoke is dangerous to children
- Secondhand smoke is toxic
The posters are also available in Spanish.
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
Smokefree.gov provides information and professional assistance to support those who want to quit smoking.
The Web site allows users to choose the help that best fits their needs. Available assistance includes:
- An online step-by-step cessation guide
- Local and State telephone quitlines
- National Cancer Institute (NCI’s) national telephone quitline
- NCI’s instant messaging service
- Publications, which may be downloaded, printed, or ordered ...
This tool answers common questions on how the environment affects women’s health including the following topics:
- The environment
- Outdoor air pollution
- Indoor air pollution
- Workplace environment
- UV radiation
- Water contamination
- Environmental hormones
This Web site presents information about the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network (NPIN), which is the U.S. reference, referral, and distribution service for information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN produces, collects, catalogs, and disseminates materials and information on STDs to organizations and people working in those...
This guide provides information about tuberculosis (TB) to people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, specifically, what it is, how it is spread, and how it can be avoided. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is TB?
- How is TB spread?
- How can I avoid TB?
- How do I know if I might have active TB?
- Does TB affect only the lungs?
- Am I at greater risk of getting TB because...
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Division of Workplace Programs provides centralized access to information about drug-free workplaces and related topics.
Following is a list of the topics addressed:
- Drug testing
- For Federal agencies and employees
- For labs
- For specimen collectors
- For Medical Review Officers
- Drug Testing Advisory Board ...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and comorbid conditions (e.g....