This summary provides information to health care professionals on prostate cancer prevention.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Benefits from finasteride chemoprevention
- Harms from finasteride chemoprevention
- Benefits and harms of other prevention interventions
- Incidence and mortality
- Risk factors for prostate cancer development
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
This fact sheet provides answers to questions on human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
- What are HPVs and how are they transmitted?
- What are genital warts?
- What is the association between HPV infection and cancer?
- Are there specific types of HPVs that are associated with cancer?
- What are the risk factors for HPV infection and cervical cancer?
- How are HPV infections detected?
- How are cervical cell...
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
This fact sheet addresses planning healthy meals and provides tips for making healthy food choices.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Are home cooked meals healthier than eating out?
- Is there an easy system for planning healthy meals?
- Menu map
- How to use your menu map
- Good ideas for healthy meals
- Tips for making healthy food choices when eating out
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
The MyPyramid Education Framework explains the key concepts of the MyPyramid food guidance system, an interactive tool that assists Americans in making healthy food and activity choices. These key concepts provide a framework of ideas from which professionals can develop consumer messages and materials.
This 19-page framework includes the following information:
- Background on MyPyramid
- Overview of the MyPyramid food guidance system education framework
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
This wallet card presents the eight key points health care practitioners should follow regarding the diagnosis and management of dyslipidemia.