This guide is part of the toolkit for coaches, Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports. It addresses the following topics:
- The facts
- Recognizing a possible concussion
- When a concussion is suspected
- Prevention and preparation
- Communicating effectively about concussions
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) is a voluntary health organization seeking to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases, and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation. Goals of the NKF include:
- Supporting research and research training
- Continuing education of health care professionals
- Expanding patient services and community resources
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
This summary provides information to health care professionals on prostate cancer prevention.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Benefits from finasteride chemoprevention
- Harms from finasteride chemoprevention
- Benefits and harms of other prevention interventions
- Incidence and mortality
- Risk factors for prostate cancer development
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for the primary prevention of chronic conditions. The USPSTF systematically reviews the evidence of effectiveness of a wide range of clinical preventive services—including screening, counseling, and chemoprevention (the use of medication to prevent diseases)—to develop recommendations for preventive care in the primary care setting.
This brochure offers people with AIDS tips on how to avoid foodborne illnesses.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Bacteria and food poisoning
- Shopping for food
- At home
- Eating out
- Traveling abroad
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
The Comprehensive Clinic Assessment Software Application (CoCASA) is a tool for assessing immunization practices within a clinic, private practice, or any other environment where immunizations are provided. This software is designed to be used in conjunction with the Assessment, Feedback, Incentives, Exchange (AFIX) strategy. CoCASA has data entry and import capabilities. After immunization data have been entered into CoCASA, data analysis capabilities can be utilized to pinpoint strengths...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on routine vitamin supplementation to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What does the evidence indicate?
- Should people take vitamin supplements?
- What are the potential harms of vitamin supplements?
- More information