This guide is part of the toolkit for coaches, Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports. It addresses the following topics:
- The facts
- Recognizing a possible concussion
- When a concussion is suspected
- Prevention and preparation
- Communicating effectively about concussions
This fact sheet provides women with information about mammograms. It includes the following sections:
- What is a mammogram?
- What happens during a mammogram?
- Who should get one?
- Why should I have one?
- How will I pay?
- How do I get a mammogram?
- What else can I do?
- Where can I learn more?
This fact sheet provides information about reading food labels to find foods that are lower in sodium.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Information on the food label
- Amount per serving
- Number of servings
- Percent daily value
This guide describes cervical cancer, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options. It is organized into the following sections:
- What is it?
- Causes, risk factors, and prevention
- Early detection, diagnosis, and staging
- Treating cervical cancer
- Talking with your doctor
- More information
These posters are designed to generate interest about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy and to encourage women and significant others to seek additional information. Posters may be ordered or downloaded in PDF format. A customizable “drop-in” poster allows different groups and tribal organizations to customize the text and photo for their own use.
This tool provides patient information about high blood cholesterol.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is cholesterol?
- What is high blood cholesterol?
- Other names for high blood cholesterol
- What causes high blood cholesterol?
- What are the signs and symptoms of high blood cholesterol?
- How is high blood cholesterol diagnosed?
- How is high blood cholesterol treated?
- Key points
The Cool Spot is a Web site aimed at teenagers. It provides them with facts about underage drinking. The Web site provides the following features:
- Reality check: How much drinking is going on?
- Facts about alcohol
- Too much, too soon, too risky
- Meet your expectations
- Peer pressure
- The right to resist
- Real life
- Teach and volunteer corner
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
This guide provides information about eating fish to women who are or may become pregnant, or are nursing.
This tool presents the following information:
- Fish not to eat
- Fish to eat (up to 1 serving [6 ounces] per week)
- Fish to eat (Up to 2 servings [12 ounces] per week)
- Checking before eating fish caught in local waters
- Eating a variety of small, young, non-fatty fish
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked