These rack cards, available for home, office, or professional printing, advise mothers-to-be against drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. Rack cards are available in four styles and are available for download in color or black print.
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
This tool is a step-by-step guide to helping people with heart disease make decisions that will protect and improve their heart health. It provides information about lifestyle habits, medicines, and other treatments that can lessen the chances of having a heart attack.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Heart disease: A wakeup call
- What is heart disease?
- Getting tested for heart disease
- Controlling your risk factors
- You and your doctor...
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
This Guide to Action for Families highlights key issues related to underage drinking found in the complete Call to Action To Prevent and Reduce Underage Drinking. It provides families with steps they can take against underage drinking in one’s home, family, community, and across the country.
This summary provides information to health care professionals on prostate cancer prevention.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Benefits from finasteride chemoprevention
- Harms from finasteride chemoprevention
- Benefits and harms of other prevention interventions
- Incidence and mortality
- Risk factors for prostate cancer development
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
The Community Tool Box (CTB) is a free, Internet-based service that can help communities address health and development issues. It offers over 7,000 pages of practical guidance in community capacity building in an effort to bring about change and improvement in communities. The CTB connects people with resources for learning the many skills required for this work and applying this knowledge in diverse cultures and contexts.
The CTB’s nearly 300 different sections providing...
This fact sheet provides answers to questions on human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
- What are HPVs and how are they transmitted?
- What are genital warts?
- What is the association between HPV infection and cancer?
- Are there specific types of HPVs that are associated with cancer?
- What are the risk factors for HPV infection and cervical cancer?
- How are HPV infections detected?
- How are cervical cell...
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families