This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This fact sheet provides women with information about mammograms. It includes the following sections:
- What is a mammogram?
- What happens during a mammogram?
- Who should get one?
- Why should I have one?
- How will I pay?
- How do I get a mammogram?
- What else can I do?
- Where can I learn more?
The Community Tool Box (CTB) is a free, Internet-based service that can help communities address health and development issues. It offers over 7,000 pages of practical guidance in community capacity building in an effort to bring about change and improvement in communities. The CTB connects people with resources for learning the many skills required for this work and applying this knowledge in diverse cultures and contexts.
The CTB’s nearly 300 different sections providing...
This fact sheet provides information about reading food labels to find foods that are lower in sodium.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Information on the food label
- Amount per serving
- Number of servings
- Percent daily value
These posters are designed to generate interest about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy and to encourage women and significant others to seek additional information. Posters may be ordered or downloaded in PDF format. A customizable “drop-in” poster allows different groups and tribal organizations to customize the text and photo for their own use.
This guide is part of the toolkit for coaches, Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports. It addresses the following topics:
- The facts
- Recognizing a possible concussion
- When a concussion is suspected
- Prevention and preparation
- Communicating effectively about concussions
This tool provides patient information about high blood cholesterol.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is cholesterol?
- What is high blood cholesterol?
- Other names for high blood cholesterol
- What causes high blood cholesterol?
- What are the signs and symptoms of high blood cholesterol?
- How is high blood cholesterol diagnosed?
- How is high blood cholesterol treated?
- Key points
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) is a voluntary health organization seeking to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases, and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation. Goals of the NKF include:
- Supporting research and research training
- Continuing education of health care professionals
- Expanding patient services and community resources
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked