This tool is a compilation of checklists from various organizations addressing fall prevention in the senior population.
This Web site answers common questions about menopause.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is menopause?
- What are the signs of menopause?
- What about my heart and bones?
- How can I stay healthy after menopause?
- What about those lost hormones?
- Do phytoestrogens help?
- How do I decide what to do?
This guide for parents contains highlights from the report A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges . It can help parents choose a college for their son or daughter, better understand campus culture, and get help for a student with an alcohol-related problem.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- A snapshot of annual high-risk college drinking consequences
- Parents: A primary influence
- Parents of a high school...
This risk assessment tool uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to predict a person’s chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. This tool is designed for adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes.
Patients may calculate their 10-year risk of having a heart attack by entering the following information into the tool:
- Total cholesterol
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
This tool addresses common questions about migraine headaches including:
- What is a migraine headache?
- What causes migraine?
- Are there different kinds of migraine?
- How does a migraine headache differ from a tension headache?
- When should I seek help for my headaches?
- What tests are used to find out if I have migraine?
- Are women more prone to migraine headaches?
- How is a woman’s menstrual cycle related to migraine?
This chart lists recommended screenings and immunizations for women aged 18-39, 40-49, 50-64, and 65 and older.
This chart includes recommendations in the following areas:
- General health
- Heart health
- Bone health
- Breast health
- Reproductive health
- Mental health screening
- Colorectal health
- Eye and ear health
- Skin health
- Oral health
This guide will help people with HIV infection prevent illness by preparing food and drinks properly. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- Why should I be careful about food and water?
- What illnesses caused by germs in food and water do people with HIV commonly get?
- Do only people with HIV get these illnesses?
- Are these illnesses the same in people with HIV as in other people?
- If I have HIV, can...
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and co-morbid conditions (e.g....
This toolkit provides general guidelines for correct vaccine storage and handling. Specific recommendations for vaccine storage and handling procedures may vary among different State health department immunization programs. This toolkit does not replace these State health department policies but rather is meant to supplement them.
This toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- Cold chain
- Storage and handling plans