This National Institute on Aging Web site provides current, comprehensive information and resources concerning Alzheimer’s disease (AD) for health professionals, people with AD, and their families.
This site includes the following sections:
- Alzheimer’s information (includes links to numerous publications, some in easy-to-read and Spanish versions)
- General information
- Treatment (includes a link to an AD...
This guide is a comprehensive clinical manual that addresses the primary care needs unique to women infected with HIV. The target audience is clinicians who provide primary care to women, as well as those seeking a more in-depth understanding of how to care for women with HIV/AIDS.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Epidemiology and natural history of HIV infection in women
- Approach to the patient
- Prevention of HIV
- Primary medical care ...
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides leadership in aging research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs relevant to aging and older people.This Web site includes the following:
- Publications: Information and tips on healthy aging, care giving, medications, dietary supplements, and diseases
- Clinical trials: Federally and privately supported clinical research with human volunteers
- Related sites: A list of National Institutes of...
The Emory University Reynolds Program has established the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Pocket Card to be used as a teaching module reference for providers caring for geriatric patients.
This pocket card addresses the following topics:
- Basics in Geriatrics “Big 10” - 10 principles that differentiate the care of older patients from other patient populations
- Recommendations for Geriatric Assessment - a chart plotting the Big...
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF