Stage of Care
This training curriculum provides mental health providers with information on prevention strategies and alternative approaches to reduce the use of seclusion and restraint in behavioral health care settings.
This tool includes the following modules:
- The personal experience of seclusion and restraint
- Understanding the impact of trauma
- Creating cultural change
- Understanding resilience and recovery from the consumer perspective
- Strategies to...
This tool addresses two aspects of leadership:
- The mission, beliefs, and principles that drive a leader
- The actual performance of the leader
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) in African Americans and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?
This tool is a table of available anti-HIV medications, showing brand, generic, and other names for each medication. By clicking on the name of the drug, the user can access the AIDSInfo fact sheet for the medication. The table and the fact sheets are available in both English and Spanish.
This Web site provides a wide range of resources on HIV/AIDS research, clinical trials, prevention, and treatment. It offers quick access to federally approved HIV/AIDS-related information for people living with HIV/AIDS and their families and friends; health care providers; researchers; and national and community organizations. Much of the information is available in both English and Spanish.
This Web site includes the following major sections:
- Clinical Guidelines portal...
This tool provides hand hygiene tips and suggestions for hand washing when running water is not available.
Tips are provided on:
- When you should wash your hands
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Washing with soap and water
This guide provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in children with HIV infection. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if my child has PCP?
- How could my child catch PCP?
- How can I prevent PCP in my child?
- What children should get treatment to prevent PCP?
- What are the side effects of...
This toolkit from the Bright Futures for Women's Health and Wellness (BFWHW) Initiative is for women who want to improve the health of their communities. It provides guidance to plan, carry out, and evaluate a physical activity and/or healthy eating event. It also includes real-life stories from women who took action in their communities to get people moving and eating healthier.
This toolkit is divided into 10 Building Blocks—ideas and tools to help women plan a community activity:...
This brochure offers information to help patients recovering from a suicide attempt move ahead after their treatment in the emergency department and provides resources for more information about suicide and mental illness.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- After the emergency department
- Next steps: moving ahead and coping with future thoughts of suicide
- Create a safety plan
- Build a support system
- Learn to live again