Stage of Care
This tool offers general advice to help patients learn more about their medical problem and how it can be treated. A video Web program based on the booklet tells viewers what experts have to say about coming to grips with illness.
The 28-page booklet addresses the following topics:
- Step 1: Take the time you need
- Step 2: Get the support you need
- Step 3: Talk with your doctor
- Step 4: Seek out information
- Step 5: Decide on a treatment...
This 180-page guide addresses several important aspects of primary care and treatment for patients with HIV/AIDS. The 18 chapters in this guide were written by HIV/AIDS researchers and physicians at major U.S. medical centers. Using the recommended references and citations, the user can access in-depth information on topics of particular importance.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Primary care as chronic care
- Approach to the patient
- Core elements...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This tool presents organizational and individual stress prevention and management approaches for disaster response workers.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Organizational approaches for stress prevention and management
- Individual approaches for stress prevention and management
- Normal reactions to a disaster event
- Signs that you may need stress management assistance
- Ways to help manage your stress
This tool presents questions that patients can ask their doctors about heart health, as well as a quiz for assessing heart attack risk. It is part of the Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease among women.
This brochure emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet for people managing their diabetes. It describes food groups using examples and demonstrates how to balance a meal.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Easy eating for diabetes
- What to eat for lunch and dinner
- Meats, poultry, soy products, and fish
- Grains, breads, and starches
- One idea for a...
This tool provides information about how to keep food and water safe after a natural disaster or power outage. It is organized into the following sections:
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat
- Storing food safely
- Feeding infants and young children
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces
- Related resources
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This training curriculum provides mental health providers with information on prevention strategies and alternative approaches to reduce the use of seclusion and restraint in behavioral health care settings.
This tool includes the following modules:
- The personal experience of seclusion and restraint
- Understanding the impact of trauma
- Creating cultural change
- Understanding resilience and recovery from the consumer perspective
- Strategies to...
This slide show is a cessation intervention course which pharmacists and clinicians can take and earn free continuing education credit.
The objectives of this course are:
- Describe a new, redefined role for the pharmacist in the tobacco cessation process, positioning them as the initiator of the quit not solely as the provider of services.
- Summarize how the pharmacist can serve as a motivator and educator for cessation.
- Explain the importance of pharmacists...