Stage of Care
This tool summarizes the key recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005, which provide authoritative advice about how good dietary habits can promote health and reduce the risk for major chronic diseases in people 2 years and older.
This document addresses the following topics:
- Adequate nutrients within calorie needs
- Weight management
- Physical activity
- Food groups to encourage
This slideshow summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO’s) guidelines for the surveillance of patients following treatment for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This slideshow presents information in the following categories:
- Benefits from the resection of metastatic colorectal cancer
- Guideline methodology
- 2005 categories of recommendations for colorectal cancer surveillance
- History and physical and risk...
This fact sheet provides information to help teens with diabetes maintain a healthy weight.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Why is staying at a healthy weight good for kids?
- How can you get to a healthy weight?
- Be active almost every day
- Cut some calories
- Eat smaller portions
- Drink lots of water
- Ask your doctor to help you find a dietitian
- What are some healthy eating tips you can try?
This document helps community planning groups, health departments, and other stakeholders understand the issues behind Latino participation in HIV prevention community planning, as well as increase Latino participation in the process. It is a compilation of information collected from a series of regional/national meetings, where Latino staff of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Technical Assistance (TA) Providers' Network for Community Planning facilitated...
This slideshow presents a summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) guidelines for progressive prostate cancer. The following topics are presented:
- Guideline methodology
- 2006 update recommendation questions
- Initial treatment options
Combined androgen blockade
Early use of androgen deprivation therapy...
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) in African Americans and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Cellular classification
- Clinical presentation
- Stage information
- Treatment options
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This Web site provides a wide range of resources on HIV/AIDS research, clinical trials, prevention, and treatment. It offers quick access to federally approved HIV/AIDS-related information for people living with HIV/AIDS and their families and friends; health care providers; researchers; and national and community organizations. Much of the information is available in both English and Spanish.
This Web site includes the following major sections:
- Clinical Guidelines portal...