Stage of Care
This slide show is a cessation intervention course which pharmacists and clinicians can take and earn free continuing education credit.
The objectives of this course are:
- Describe a new, redefined role for the pharmacist in the tobacco cessation process, positioning them as the initiator of the quit not solely as the provider of services.
- Summarize how the pharmacist can serve as a motivator and educator for cessation.
- Explain the importance of pharmacists...
This brochure provides information about the connection between tuberculosis (TB) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- What is TB?
- How is TB spread?
- What are the symptoms of TB?
- What is the difference between TB disease and TB infection?
- Why is it important to know if I have TB and HIV infections?
- What is a TB skin test?
- What must I do if I have TB infection or TB...
This resource kit is designed to help communities implement a well-defined approach to helping people with mental illnesses find and keep competitive employment within their communities. It includes information targeted to consumers, families, practitioners, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities.
The resource kit includes the following materials:
- User’s guide
- Project philosophy and values...
This Web site provides consumers with detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare- and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Other resources are available at the site to help consumers with their nursing home choices.
This Web site includes the following sections:
- Find–Search for nursing homes by:
- ZIP code
The Atlas of the Body tool is a Web site that contains 25 anatomy and medical illustrations of the body (including the brain, circulatory system, respiratory system, muscles, nervous system, female reproductive system, and skeleton) to enhance the physician’s patient education sessions. Each illustration is accompanied by a brief paragraph describing the various parts of each body organ/system.
Available diagrams include:
- Effects of...
This Web page provides seven guidelines for preventing exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.
A PDF version of this tool can be downloaded in English, as well as the following languages:
- Haitian Creole
This questionnaire provides patients with information about managing their arthritis.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Getting the care you need
- Talking to your doctor
- Taking your medicine
- Your body signs
- Taking care of yourself
- Dealing with stress
This tool is evidence-based and designed to help men understand which medical checkup tests they need to stay healthy at any age. It addresses the following topics:
- Screening tests for men: What you need and when
- Daily steps to health
- Should you take medicines to prevent disease?
This chart presents the following categories of screening and immunization recommendations for men in different age groups:
- General health
- Heart health
- Prostate health
- Reproductive health
- Colorectal health
- Eye and ear health
- Skin health
- Oral health
- Mental health screening
This 108-page report examines alternatives for managing the chronic symptoms of uncomplicated gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in patients who may require long-term treatment. It summarizes the available evidence comparing the efficacy and safety of medical, surgical, and endoscopic interventions in the treatment of chronic GERD, particularly after long-term followup.
This report addresses the following questions:
- What is the evidence of the comparative effectiveness...