Stage of Care
This guide provides facts about and side effects of radiation therapy and describes how patients can care for themselves during and after treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Questions and answers about radiation therapy
- External beam radiation therapy
- Internal radiation therapy
- Your feelings during radiation therapy
- Radiation therapy side effects
- Radiation therapy side effects at-a-glance
This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in prenatal care and a collection of “lessons learned” by health plans serving Medicaid members. It will help health plans review common barriers that Medicaid plans face in improving birth outcomes, develop strategies to overcome these barriers, review clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measure incremental and long-term change.
This toolkit addresses the...
The Co-Occurring Disorders: Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment Resource Kit offers a treatment approach for people with co-occurring disorders—mental illness and a substance abuse addiction—by offering both mental health and substance abuse services simultaneously in one setting.
This toolkit includes the following:
- User’s Guide
- Selected articles
- For consumers
- For families and other...
This Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) training manual has been designed to assist with the administration and coding of the CAM, and to provide supplementary information for interested clinical investigators.
The CAM improves the identification and recognition of delirium in geriatric patients. CAM enables non-psychiatrically trained clinicians to identify delirium quickly and accurately in both clinical and research settings on the basis of an interview with the patient that...
This fact sheet provides general information for children with diabetes about their disease.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is diabetes?
- What types of diabetes do kids get?
- How do you manage diabetes?
- Why do you get type 2 diabetes?
- Why do you need to take care of your diabetes?
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides leadership in aging research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs relevant to aging and older people.This Web site includes the following:
- Publications: Information and tips on healthy aging, care giving, medications, dietary supplements, and diseases
- Clinical trials: Federally and privately supported clinical research with human volunteers
- Related sites: A list of National Institutes of...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and co-morbid conditions (e.g....
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations on hormone therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer.
This patient guide addresses the following topics:
This tool answers questions about avian influenza (bird flu) and avian influenza A (H5N1).
Questions and answers are grouped into the following categories:
- Avian influenza
- Avian influenza A (H5N1)
- Influenza pandemic preparedness
- Avian influenza infection in animals
This consumer fact sheet provides the following information about aspirin and heart attack risk:
- Risk factors for heart attack
- Aspirin safety
- What you should do