Stage of Care
This form is used to standardize information transferred between acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities throughout the four-county northeastern Ohio region. It may be adapted for use in other areas. It includes information on medications, activities of daily living, orders, and special care needs.
Long-term care and other residential facilities can use this tool to self-assess the strengths and weaknesses of their pandemic influenza planning efforts.
This checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan
This is an online training course to educate primary care providers about the importance of early detection and early intervention of adult-onset hemochromatosis.
The course contains eight modules:
- Clinical features
- Diagnostic testing
- Treatment and management
- Family-based detection
- Course summary
- Case studies
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about AML
- AML with characteristic genetic abnormalities
- AML with an FLT3 mutation
- AML with multilineage dysplasia
- Therapy-related AMLs and...
The Toxic Substances Portal gives access to the best science, the latest research, and the most important information about toxic substances and how they affect health including:
- Exposure risks
- Associated health effects
- Related Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry health studies and assessments
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
Healthy People 2010 is a set of health objectives for the Nation to achieve over the first decade of the new century. It challenges individuals, communities, and professionals to take specific steps to ensure that good health, as well as long life, are enjoyed by all. The framework can be used by States, communities, professional organizations, and many others to help them develop programs to improve health.
The Web site includes the following information and resources: