Stage of Care
This pocket guide is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on the evaluation and triage of post-traumatic acute stress reaction (ASR).
This pocket guide addresses the following topics:
- Initial evaluation and triage (algorithm)
- ASR assessment
- ASR immediate needs
- ASR acute interventions...
These 11 assessment tools and project summaries were developed to help medical providers evaluate their offices’ practices in identified structural and process measures that relate to patient safety. The 40-page toolkit provides brief narratives describing how participants in a mini-collaborative of seven regional sites used the tools to improve patient safety. This tool was developed by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center for the Safety Collaborative for the OutPatient Environment (SCOPE), a...
This tool is evidence-based and designed to help men understand which medical checkup tests they need to stay healthy at any age. It addresses the following topics:
- Screening tests for men: What you need and when
- Daily steps to health
- Should you take medicines to prevent disease?
This brochure provides information about the connection between tuberculosis (TB) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- What is TB?
- How is TB spread?
- What are the symptoms of TB?
- What is the difference between TB disease and TB infection?
- Why is it important to know if I have TB and HIV infections?
- What is a TB skin test?
- What must I do if I have TB infection or TB...
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?
This Web site provides access to public service announcements (PSAs) and podcasts on topics related to hurricane safety. Users can download PSAs and podcasts directly from the site or subscribe to receive a different hurricane podcast each week during hurricane season. The site includes scripts for all messages, as well as audio files for most. Some messages are also available in video and/or American Sign Language format. All messages are also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
This tool kit provides information for clinicians on preventing fetal alcohol syndrome. It contains information on how to screen and advise patients about the risks of drinking while pregnant and encourages the use of effective contraception among patients who continue to engage in risky drinking behaviors.
The tool kit includes screening and brief intervention tools for the clinican and one-page patient education handouts for download.
Tool kit components include:...
This tool is a collection of fact sheets on drug abuse and addiction.
These fact sheets are organized in the following categories:
- Effects of drug abuse
- Health effects of specific drugs
- Prevention and treatment
- Survey data
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...