This tool gives mental health patients information about their rights.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What does the Americans with Disabilities Act do?
- What are State protection and advocacy programs?
- What is an advance directive?
- What is “informed consent”?
- Can I refuse treatment?
- What about managed care rights?
- Do I have a right to privacy?
This brochure provides health care professionals with tips to enhance care in the emergency department (ED) for people who have attempted suicide. It also provides information on the Health Insurance Portable and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), patient discharge, and resources about suicide for medical professionals, patients, and their families.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Patient care in the ED: Helpful...