The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) provides many publications produced by staff members or by other National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) grantees intended for use by the public.
Publications from this tool are organized as follows:
- RehabWire: A semi-monthly newsletter featuring NIDRR research projects and documents on specific topics
- NARIC information brochures: 10 free brochures listing librarian-...
The National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) collects information and resources to assist those working to end sexual violence and to improve resources, outreach, and responses.
NSVRC resources include:
- Materials: Information on types of sexual violence, outreach and prevention strategies/responses
- Organization: Links and information on programs working to end sexual violence
- Library: Online access to NSVRC’s database of print and electronic...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This tool provides tips to assist employers in interviewing people with disabilities.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Preparing for the interview
- Conducting the interview
- Resources to assist
This Web site is a one-stop gateway to school food safety information and resources. It includes the following information:
Action Guide Tools: Use the tools to launch and build support for food-safe school programs, such as a how-to guide and video, motivational PowerPoint(r) presentation and administrator’s briefing brochure, and topical in-depth modules
Assess: Assess your school’s food safety strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for improvement using the Food-Safe...
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
The Recovery Month Toolkit guides users, such as community leaders and health care providers, through the entire process of planning, launching, and publicizing National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month activities and events.
The three sections of this planning toolkit–media outreach, targeted outreach, and resources–will help the user to:
- Target key groups to involve
- Plan events
- Publicize in the media
- Provide information
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...