The purpose of this guide is to assist States and communities in planning, designing, and implementing culturally competent disaster mental health services for survivors of natural and human-caused disasters of all scales.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Culture and disaster
- Understanding culture
- Diversity among and within racial and ethnic minority groups
- Cultural competence: Scope and terminology
- The cultural competence continuum...
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to review and update evidence-based strategies for breast cancer followup and management in asymptomatic patients following primary, curative therapy. The panel observed the 1996 outcomes criteria that justify the use of a drug or technology in the guideline development process. Therapy was recommended when compelling positive effects to survival, quality of life, and/or cost-effectiveness was demonstrated.
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This tool provides information to women about HIV/AIDS research and clinical trials.
The following topics are addressed:
- Women’s Interagency HIV Study—Designed to investigate the history and course of HIV infection in women
- Clinical trials—Research studies designed to find out if new drugs, vaccines, or other treatments are safe and if they work
- Microbicide research—Research studies on microbicides, which are gels, creams, or foams that are applied to prevent...
This Web page provides seven guidelines for preventing exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.
A PDF version of this tool can be downloaded in English, as well as the following languages:
- Haitian Creole
This consumer-oriented fact sheet provides clear and succinct answers to address concerns about infant immunizations.
Questions answered in this fact sheet are:
- Is it okay for my baby to have so many shots at once?
- Don’t infants have natural immunity?
- Haven’t we gotten rid of most of these diseases in this country?
- I heard that some vaccines can cause autism. Is this true?
- Can’t I just wait until my child goes to school to catch up on...
This guide, based on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations, was developed to assist clinicians with providing clinical preventive care to their patients.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Preventive services recommended by the USPSTF
- Recommendations for adults
- Heart and vascular diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Injury and violence
- Mental health conditions...
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
These posters are designed to generate interest about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy and to encourage women and significant others to seek additional information. Posters may be ordered or downloaded in PDF format. A customizable “drop-in” poster allows different groups and tribal organizations to customize the text and photo for their own use.
This Web site is a one-stop gateway to school food safety information and resources. It includes the following information:
Action Guide Tools: Use the tools to launch and build support for food-safe school programs, such as a how-to guide and video, motivational PowerPoint(r) presentation and administrator’s briefing brochure, and topical in-depth modules
Assess: Assess your school’s food safety strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for improvement using the Food-Safe...