This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
This questionnaire provides patients with information about managing their arthritis.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Getting the care you need
- Talking to your doctor
- Taking your medicine
- Your body signs
- Taking care of yourself
- Dealing with stress
This fact sheet explains how a patient in need of a transplant is matched to an organ donor. It briefly describes the centralized computer network maintained by the United Network for Organ Sharing, addresses the role of the transplant center, explains how patients in the transplant pool are ranked, and discusses the process once an organ becomes available.
This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, involved a literature review and interviews with expert observers to assess the status of initiatives aimed at improving the quality of child health services.
This article includes the following sections:
- Literature review
- Literature review
- Overview of literature
- The methods of quality improvement (QI)
- Literature review
This four-page fact sheet addresses healthy eating habits and what parents can do to ensure that their child is eating well.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Have changes in our diets caused the obesity crisis?
- What influences children’s eating habits?
- What can I do to make sure my child is eating well?
- Is there an easy way to improve eating habits?
- Insist on breakfast
- Plan three meals and two snacks every day
This report assesses the evidence that the use of genomic tests for ovarian cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment leads to improved outcomes. The authors conducted a literature review and constructed a computer simulation model to test the impact of different assumptions about ovarian cancer natural history on the relative effectiveness of different strategies.
This report includes the following sections:
- Ovarian cancer
- Approaches to...
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
The Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community provides an interdisciplinary vehicle and forum by which scholars, practitioners, and observers of family violence in the African American community have the continual opportunity to articulate their perspectives on family violence through research findings, the examination of service delivery and intervention mechanisms, and the identification of appropriate and effective responses to prevent/reduce family violence in the...
Nursing home staff can use this self-assessment checklists to use assess processes related to delirium in the facility, in order to identify areas that need improvement.
This tool includes checklists on the following delirium-related topics:
- Delirium assessment
- Delirium care plans
- Delirium screening
- Assessing staff education and training
Health literacy is the ability to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions and follow instructions for treatment.
This kit for clinicians includes a clinician’s guide and videos.
The guide, “Health literacy and patient safety: Help patients understand” includes the following:
- Health literacy
- National Assessment of Adult Literacy
- Population groups at risk...