This Web page provides women with information about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy.
This tool provides information on the following topics:
- When you are pregnant, drinking can hurt your baby
- Questions about alcohol and drinking during pregnancy
- Can I drink alcohol if I am pregnant?
- Is any kind of alcohol safe to drink during pregnancy?
- What if I drank during my last pregnancy and my baby was fine?
- Will these problems go away...
The purpose of this guide is to assist States and communities in planning, designing, and implementing culturally competent disaster mental health services for survivors of natural and human-caused disasters of all scales.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Culture and disaster
- Understanding culture
- Diversity among and within racial and ethnic minority groups
- Cultural competence: Scope and terminology
- The cultural competence continuum...
This checklist from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) lists all the elements that should be reported in each HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2) status report. The checklists include both types of HER2 testing methods—immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).
This tool provides information to women about HIV/AIDS research and clinical trials.
The following topics are addressed:
- Women’s Interagency HIV Study—Designed to investigate the history and course of HIV infection in women
- Clinical trials—Research studies designed to find out if new drugs, vaccines, or other treatments are safe and if they work
- Microbicide research—Research studies on microbicides, which are gels, creams, or foams that are applied to prevent...
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This Web page provides seven guidelines for preventing exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.
A PDF version of this tool can be downloaded in English, as well as the following languages:
- Haitian Creole
This form is intended to be a voluntary and temporary record that lists medical care and other health information for people who need care during disasters and similar situations. This form can assist health care workers to learn information about past and new health concerns for people receiving help.
Patients fill out as much information on the form as they can, and staple their immunization card listing the shots they have recently received to the form.
Information recorded on...
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
These posters are designed to generate interest about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy and to encourage women and significant others to seek additional information. Posters may be ordered or downloaded in PDF format. A customizable “drop-in” poster allows different groups and tribal organizations to customize the text and photo for their own use.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Division of Workplace Programs provides centralized access to information about drug-free workplaces and related topics.
Following is a list of the topics addressed:
- Drug testing
- For Federal agencies and employees
- For labs
- For specimen collectors
- For Medical Review Officers
- Drug Testing Advisory Board ...