This tool provides information to women about HIV/AIDS research and clinical trials.
The following topics are addressed:
- Women’s Interagency HIV Study—Designed to investigate the history and course of HIV infection in women
- Clinical trials—Research studies designed to find out if new drugs, vaccines, or other treatments are safe and if they work
- Microbicide research—Research studies on microbicides, which are gels, creams, or foams that are applied to prevent...
This tool gives detailed information about Medicare-certified home health agencies. Users can search for information by State, county, or zip code or by the name of the home health agency.
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the genetics of breast and ovarian cancer. This tool contains sections on:
Family history as a risk factor for breast cancer
Family history as a risk factor for ovarian cancer
Autosomal dominant inheritance of breast/ovarian cancer...
This booklet is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
The booklet includes the following information:
- What is SMA?
- What causes SMA?
- Diagnosing SMA
- Prognosis…what does it mean? What are we to expect?
- I am a carrier of the SMA gene…what can I do?
- How Families of SMA can help
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This Web page provides seven guidelines for preventing exposure to carbon monoxide in the home.
A PDF version of this tool can be downloaded in English, as well as the following languages:
- Haitian Creole
This checklist from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) lists all the elements that should be reported in each HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2) status report. The checklists include both types of HER2 testing methods—immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).
This 618-page report evaluates the evidence from randomized controlled trials addressing the efficacy of pharmacotherapy, as well as psychotherapy, and a number of other non-drug treatments in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.
This evidence report includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Bulimia nervosa
- Treatment options evaluated in this evidence report
- Previously published systematic reviews
- Practice standards and...
This form is intended to be a voluntary and temporary record that lists medical care and other health information for people who need care during disasters and similar situations. This form can assist health care workers to learn information about past and new health concerns for people receiving help.
Patients fill out as much information on the form as they can, and staple their immunization card listing the shots they have recently received to the form.
Information recorded on...
This 13-page booklet will help women learn more about the importance of physical activity and healthy eating in their daily lives. It will also help them talk with their health care providers about these topics and set healthy goals.
This guide presents the following information:
- Getting started (questions for women to answer for themselves and to discuss with their health care provider)
- Talking with my health care provider (ideas on how to start a conversation with...