This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
This brochure for women provides recommendations for taking medicines wisely.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Read the label
- Avoid problems
- Ask questions
- Keep a record of medicines you use
- List your prescription medicines
This fact sheet provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Pap tests.
This fact sheet addresses the following questions about Pap tests:
- What is a Pap test?
- Why do I need a Pap test?
- Do all women need Pap tests?
- How often do I need to get a Pap test?
- Who does not need regular Pap tests?
- I had a hysterectomy. Do I still need Pap tests?
- How can I reduce my chances of getting cervical cancer?
- What should I...
This Web site provides information to the Nation on children and youth with disabilities; programs and services for infants, children, and youth with disabilities; Individuals with Disabilities Education ACT (IDEA), the Nation’s special education law; No Child Left Behind, the Nation’s general education law; and research-based information on effective practices for children with disabilities.
Information is presented on:
- Specific disabilities
- Early intervention...
The aim of this booklet is to provide accurate information about alcohol use and misuse by women of various ages.
The booklet addresses the following topics:
- Women and drinking
- How much is too much?
- Moderate drinking: Benefits and risks
- Heavy drinking
- Alcohol in women’s lives: Safe drinking over a lifetime
- Women in young and middle adulthood
- Older women
This questionnaire provides patients with information about managing their arthritis.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Getting the care you need
- Talking to your doctor
- Taking your medicine
- Your body signs
- Taking care of yourself
- Dealing with stress
This Web page provides women with information about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy.
This tool provides information on the following topics:
- When you are pregnant, drinking can hurt your baby
- Questions about alcohol and drinking during pregnancy
- Can I drink alcohol if I am pregnant?
- Is any kind of alcohol safe to drink during pregnancy?
- What if I drank during my last pregnancy and my baby was fine?
- Will these problems go away...
This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, involved a literature review and interviews with expert observers to assess the status of initiatives aimed at improving the quality of child health services.
This article includes the following sections:
- Literature review
- Literature review
- Overview of literature
- The methods of quality improvement (QI)
- Literature review
The purpose of this guide is to assist States and communities in planning, designing, and implementing culturally competent disaster mental health services for survivors of natural and human-caused disasters of all scales.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Culture and disaster
- Understanding culture
- Diversity among and within racial and ethnic minority groups
- Cultural competence: Scope and terminology
- The cultural competence continuum...
This report assesses the evidence that the use of genomic tests for ovarian cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment leads to improved outcomes. The authors conducted a literature review and constructed a computer simulation model to test the impact of different assumptions about ovarian cancer natural history on the relative effectiveness of different strategies.
This report includes the following sections:
- Ovarian cancer
- Approaches to...