Race and ethnicity
These posters are designed to generate interest about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy and to encourage women and significant others to seek additional information. Posters may be ordered or downloaded in PDF format. A customizable “drop-in” poster allows different groups and tribal organizations to customize the text and photo for their own use.
This cancer treatment information summary provides an overview of the diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prognosis of childhood brain tumors. It is available in both English and Spanish.
This guide is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Childhood medulloblastoma
- Childhood cerebellar astrocytoma
This fact sheet presents patient information on sickle cell anemia.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is sickle cell anemia?
- Other names for sickle cell anemia
- What causes sickle cell anemia?
- Who is at risk for sickle cell anemia?
- What are the signs and symptoms of sickle cell anemia?
- How is sickle cell anemia diagnosed?
- How is sickle cell anemia treated?
- How can sickle cell anemia be prevented? ...
This tool enables users to find out where they can learn more about getting a free or low-cost mammogram and Pap test. Users can access information for a specific State or Territory as well as for American Indian/Alaska Native organizations.
For each State/Territory/organization, the following types of information are provided:
- Contact information to learn more about getting screened
- Program information for breast and cervical cancer early detection
This 15-page booklet provides information about breastfeeding to help American Indian and Alaska Native women.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for infants, mothers, the community, and the future
- Is breastfeeding easy?
- How do I get started?
- Answers to frequently asked questions about breastfeeding
- Where can I go for help?
- Summary of information for breastfeeding success
This guide provides information about Web sites that sell medications, offers tips when purchasing medications online, and offers suggestions for consumers looking for a safe Web site. The guide is available as both a Web page and a brochure, in both English and Spanish.
Improving Immunizations: Addressing Racial and Ethnic Populations includes several case studies on the leading health indicator of immunization for infectious diseases, with a special focus on reducing racial and ethnic disparities.
The primer provides background information, practical recommendations, and solutions to commonly encountered questions that physicians face from diverse patient populations, case presentations for improving health care delivery, and resources.
This consumer fact sheet presents information on stroke prevention, including warning signs and risk factors.
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This document helps community planning groups, health departments, and other stakeholders understand the issues behind Latino participation in HIV prevention community planning, as well as increase Latino participation in the process. It is a compilation of information collected from a series of regional/national meetings, where Latino staff of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Technical Assistance (TA) Providers' Network for Community Planning facilitated...