These online resources provide information to educate patients about the importance of exploring their treatment options, comparing the benefits and risks of each, and preparing to discuss these options with their health care providers.
The following health topics are covered:
- Heart conditions
- Men’s health
- Mental health
- Muscle, bone, and joint
- Women’s health
This fact sheet for clinicians provides information to guide discussions on prostate-specific antigen screening for prostate cancer with male patients. Based on a comprehensive review of medical evidence, the fact sheet provides screening information, discussion points, and scenarios.
This tool is an online continuing education program (CME) for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses, case managers, health educators, and medical assistants. The course addresses key findings and clinical applications from a systematic review of comparative risks and benefits of therapies for clinically localized prostate cancer. This CME activity covers the core competencies and educational needs for medical knowledge, practice-based learning and...
Men can use the checklists in this flyer to help them stay healthy at age 50 and older.
The checklists help answer questions about:
- What daily steps men can take for good health
- Whether they need medicines to prevent disease
- Which screening tests they need and when to get them
The PDF version in Spanish is new to the site.
This Web site encourages men to actively take part in their health care by educating themselves on health care and participating in decisions with their doctor.
The site includes guidance in the following areas:
- Stay healthy
- Talk with your doctor
- Get preventive medical tests
- Know your prescription
- Find advice and support
- Get more information
The site is also available in Spanish.
This treatment algorithm for the initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive advanced cancer is derived from the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer.
This one-page tool provides recommendations in the following areas:
- Discuss treatment options and early vs. late androgen ablation with patients
- Bilateral orchiectomy
- Luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists...
This summary provides information to health care professionals on prostate cancer prevention.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Benefits from finasteride chemoprevention
- Harms from finasteride chemoprevention
- Benefits and harms of other prevention interventions
- Incidence and mortality
- Risk factors for prostate cancer development
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations on hormone therapy for men with advanced prostate cancer.
This patient guide addresses the following topics:
This booklet for men can help answer questions about prostate changes that happen with age, such as:
- What are common prostate changes?
- How are these changes treated?
- What do I need to know about testing for prostate changes, including cancer?
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Introduction to the prostate
- Prostate changes that are not cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Talking to your doctor
- Types of tests ...
This tool is evidence-based and designed to help men understand which medical checkup tests they need to stay healthy at any age. It addresses the following topics:
- Screening tests for men: What you need and when
- Daily steps to health
- Should you take medicines to prevent disease?