This guide describes foods that can cause serious illness or should be avoided while pregnant.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Three main dangers in food
- Food facts to keep you and your baby healthy
This checklist displays screening tests, preventive medicine, and other healthy life behaviors recommended for women by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. The screening test checklist allows patients to chart dates and test results as well as questions for the doctor.
This tool, part of The Heart Truth Campaign, presents 10 recommendations for women’s heart health.
The Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH) publishes a wide variety of materials that provide health information. Most publications are available for viewing and printing, as well as for order.
This site provides the following materials:
- Fact sheets
- ORWH’s health reports
- Podcast archive: “Pinn Point on Women’s Health”
- Journal articles
- ORWH funded special projects reports
- ORWH supported research projects
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This booklet for men can help answer questions about prostate changes that happen with age, such as:
- What are common prostate changes?
- How are these changes treated?
- What do I need to know about testing for prostate changes, including cancer?
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Introduction to the prostate
- Prostate changes that are not cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Talking to your doctor
- Types of tests ...
This toolkit from the Bright Futures for Women's Health and Wellness (BFWHW) Initiative is for women who want to improve the health of their communities. It provides guidance to plan, carry out, and evaluate a physical activity and/or healthy eating event. It also includes real-life stories from women who took action in their communities to get people moving and eating healthier.
This toolkit is divided into 10 Building Blocks—ideas and tools to help women plan a community activity:...
This statement summarizes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm and the supporting scientific evidence. It updates the 1996 recommendations contained in the Guide to Clinical Preventive Services , 2nd edition.
This tool includes the following sections:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- What are the potential benefits of...
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Library is a virtual guide to MCH information. It offers a combination of MCH information compiled by library staff and pathways to the best MCH information available on other Web sites, from organizations and libraries.
The MCH Library publishes the MCH Alert; produces databases; develops knowledge paths, bibliographies, and other information resources; maintains this Web site to provide access to key MCH-related data and information; and promotes...