This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of breast cancer and pregnancy.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Other considerations for pregnancy and breast cancer
- Fetal consequences of maternal breast cancer
- Consequences of pregnancy in patients with a history...
The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
Web site topics/features include:
- Beyond the shock - A step by step guide to understanding the diagnosis of breast cancer
- Library - Tools and resources to learn about breast cancer
- Signs and symptoms
This tool provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing.
It addresses the following questions:
- What is HIV and should I be tested?
- What is viral hepatitis and should I be tested?
- What are sexually transmitted diseases and should I be tested?
- What puts me at risk for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and STDs?
These rack cards, available for home, office, or professional printing, advise mothers-to-be against drinking alcohol during their pregnancy. Rack cards are available in four styles and are available for download in color or black print.
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This tool kit provides women with information about the importance of early detection and screening for breast cancer and instructions for a breast self-exam (BSE).
The tool kit includes:
- Breast self awareness information
- BSE instructional tool (available in English, Spanish, and Hindi)
- BSE card
- This full-color waterproof card illustrates and describes the technique of BSE. Monthly punch-...
This treatment algorithm for the initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive advanced cancer is derived from the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations on hormone therapy for advanced prostate cancer.
This one-page tool provides recommendations in the following areas:
- Discuss treatment options and early vs. late androgen ablation with patients
- Bilateral orchiectomy
- Luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonists...
This summary provides patients with information about prostate cancer treatment.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about prostate cancer
- Stages of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent prostate cancer
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
This 16-page booklet is for people infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and for their friends and families. The focus is on helping people live with HIV and keep themselves healthy.
This booklet addresses the following questions:
- What is HIV and how did I get it?
- What is the difference between HIV infection and AIDS?
- How long does it take to go from HIV infection to a diagnosis of AIDS?
- How can I stay healthy longer?
- What can...