This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about ovarian cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Ovarian cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about ovarian cancer risk factors
- Interventions for ovarian cancer prevention
This Web page provides women with information about the dangers of drinking during pregnancy.
This tool provides information on the following topics:
- When you are pregnant, drinking can hurt your baby
- Questions about alcohol and drinking during pregnancy
- Can I drink alcohol if I am pregnant?
- Is any kind of alcohol safe to drink during pregnancy?
- What if I drank during my last pregnancy and my baby was fine?
- Will these problems go away...
This fact sheet provides information about heart disease specific to African American women.
Topics addressed in this fact sheet include:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of cervical cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Stage 0 cervical cancer
- Stage IA cervical cancer
- Stage IB cervical cancer
- Stage IIA cervical cancer
This guide will take patients recently diagnosed with cervical cancer through the basics of what they need to know about their treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Cervical cancer: an overview
- Working with your treatment team
- Talking with your treatment team
- Radiation therapy
- Living with cancer therapy
This summary provides patients with information about treatment for different types of breast cancer.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer
- Stages of breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for inflammatory breast cancer
- Treatment options for recurrent breast...
To help determine whether noninvasive tests are sufficiently accurate to be appropriate for evaluation of women with an abnormal mammogram or exam finding, this report summarizes available data on the performance of these tests in the evaluation of women presenting with breast abnormalities that suggest the possibility of breast cancer.
The report addresses the following questions:
- What are the sensitivity and specificity of the tests for diagnosis of breast cancer in women...
This 13-page booklet will help women learn more about the importance of physical activity and healthy eating in their daily lives. It will also help them talk with their health care providers about these topics and set healthy goals.
This guide presents the following information:
- Getting started (questions for women to answer for themselves and to discuss with their health care provider)
- Talking with my health care provider (ideas on how to start a conversation with...
The National Women’s Heath Information Center (NWHIC) provides a gateway to the vast array of Federal and other women’s health information resources. This Web site can help users link to, read, and download a wide variety of materials related to women’s health developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), other Federal agencies, and private sector organizations.
The Web site includes the following major sections:
- About womenshealth.gov
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?