The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to conduct a systematic review of the literature available through February 2004 on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer. This three-page tool summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by ASCO.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- How should the results of SNB be utilized in clinical practice? Can full axillary lymph...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
This report assesses the evidence that the use of genomic tests for ovarian cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment leads to improved outcomes. The authors conducted a literature review and constructed a computer simulation model to test the impact of different assumptions about ovarian cancer natural history on the relative effectiveness of different strategies.
This report includes the following sections:
- Ovarian cancer
- Approaches to...
This tool addresses common questions about migraine headaches including:
- What is a migraine headache?
- What causes migraine?
- Are there different kinds of migraine?
- How does a migraine headache differ from a tension headache?
- When should I seek help for my headaches?
- What tests are used to find out if I have migraine?
- Are women more prone to migraine headaches?
- How is a woman’s menstrual cycle related to migraine?
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about breast cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about breast cancer risk factors
- Interventions for breast cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent breast cancer
This fact sheet, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides steps that Latina women can take to protect their heart health.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This workbook provides information and guidance to women that can help them make a decision about whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) would be a good choice for them.
The workbook should prepare patients to discuss HRT with their health care provider. Topics presented include:
- Personal health quizzes
- Coronary heart disease
- Breast cancer
- Putting it all together
- A guide to talking with...
This fact sheet answers common questions about mammograms. It addresses the following topics:
- What is the best method of detecting breast cancer?
- What is a mammogram?
- Are there different types of mammograms?
- How is a mammogram done?
- What if I have breast implants?
- How often should I get a mammogram?
- Where can I get a mammogram?
- How do I get ready for my mammogram?
- Are there any problems with mammograms?
This summary provides evidence of the benefit and harm of various cervical cancer screening techniques.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Evidence of benefit
- Evidence of harm
- Accuracy of the Pap test
- New screening technologies
- Screening women who have had a hysterectomy
- Screening interval
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) testing
- Screening older...
This chart lists recommended screenings and immunizations for women aged 18-39, 40-49, 50-64, and 65 and older.
This chart includes recommendations in the following areas:
- General health
- Heart health
- Bone health
- Breast health
- Reproductive health
- Mental health screening
- Colorectal health
- Eye and ear health
- Skin health
- Oral health