This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...
This tool will help men learn about early-stage prostate cancer, current treatments, and the pros and cons of each treatment.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember
- Three men…three different treatment choices
- Facts about prostate cancer
- What is the prostate?
- Thinking about treatment choices
- Medical tests and terms
- Types of treatment...
This checklist from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) lists all the elements that should be reported in each HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2) status report. The checklists include both types of HER2 testing methods—immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).
This 75-page resource guide by ECRI provides in-depth information on bulimia nervosa and treatment to help families and friends support someone with the disorder.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is bulimia nervosa?
- Who develops bulimia nervosa?
- What causes bulimia nervosa?
- What are the risk factors?
- What are the signs and symptoms of bulimia nervosa?
- How is bulimia nervosa diagnosed?
- Can bulimia nervosa be...
This summary provides information to health care professionals on cervical cancer prevention. It addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Avoidance of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
- Screening via gynecologic examinations and cytologic screening
- Cigarette smoke
- Reproductive behavior
- Incidence and mortality
- Evidence of benefit...
This 42-page guide for women presents healthy behaviors to prevent and manage the many health conditions that can affect them. The guide addresses the following topics:
- Recommended screenings and immunizations for women at average risk for most diseases and those at high-risk for specific diseases
- Medicare-covered preventive services
- Healthy heart and stroke prevention
- Warning signs of heart attack and stroke
- Healthy bones
- Breast cancer...
This brochure for women provides recommendations for taking medicines wisely.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Read the label
- Avoid problems
- Ask questions
- Keep a record of medicines you use
- List your prescription medicines
This fact sheet, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides key steps to help women in managing heart disease.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is heart disease?
- Screening tests
- Stress test
- Nuclear scan
- Coronary angiography
- Intracoronary ultrasound
- Risk factors
- Making lifestyle changes
This site also provides access to the following features:
- Full report
- Full technical report with appendices
- News release
- PowerPoint presentation
- News coverage on birth defects report ...