This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the genetics of breast and ovarian cancer. This tool contains sections on:
Family history as a risk factor for breast cancer
Family history as a risk factor for ovarian cancer
Autosomal dominant inheritance of breast/ovarian cancer...
This patient guide summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s guidelines for the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in patients with early-stage breast cancer.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- About SNB
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask your doctor
This fact sheet summarizes the latest evidence to offer guidance about the risks and benefits of menopausal hormone therapy. It is designed to provide patients with information to help them communicate more effectively with their care providers and determine the best course of treatment on an individual basis.
The following topics are addressed in this fact sheet:
- Menopause and hormone therapy
- Alternatives to hormone therapy to help prevent postmenopausal conditions...
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...
This tool provides information to women about common screening and diagnostic tests.
This tool provides a simple description of 26 screening and diagnostic tests including:
- Barium enema
- Blood test
- Bone mineral density test
- Clinical breast exam
- Chest x-ray
- Computed tomographic (CT or CAT) scan
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
This fact sheet provides women with information about mammograms. It includes the following sections:
- What is a mammogram?
- What happens during a mammogram?
- Who should get one?
- Why should I have one?
- How will I pay?
- How do I get a mammogram?
- What else can I do?
- Where can I learn more?
This patient handout provides information on group B strep screening and treatment during pregnancy.
This information sheet addresses the following questions:
- What is group B strep?
- Why do I need to get tested for group B strep during each pregnancy?
- What happens to babies born with the group B strep bacteria?
- How can group B strep disease in babies be prevented?
- What if I’m allergic to some antibiotics?
- How does someone get group B...
This 618-page report evaluates the evidence from randomized controlled trials addressing the efficacy of pharmacotherapy, as well as psychotherapy, and a number of other non-drug treatments in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.
This evidence report includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Bulimia nervosa
- Treatment options evaluated in this evidence report
- Previously published systematic reviews
- Practice standards and...
The purpose of the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is to respond to the needs of States and communities in addressing current and emerging public oral health issues. OHRC supports health professionals, program administrators, educators, policymakers, and others with the goal of improving oral health services for infants, children, adolescents, and their families. The resource center collaborates with Federal, State, and local agencies; national and State...
This tool provides patients with general information about prostate cancer screening.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is screening?
- General information about prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening
- Risks of prostate cancer screening