This guide, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides up-to-date information on women’s heart disease and practical suggestions for reducing the risk of heart-related problems.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- The heart truth
- Finding out your risk
- Major risk factors for heart disease
- Other factors that affect heart disease
- Taking control
- An action plan for heart health
- A family plan for heart...
This tool addresses the following common questions about depression during and after pregnancy:
- What is depression?
- How common is depression during and after pregnancy?
- What causes depression?
- During pregnancy
- After pregnancy
- What are symptoms of depression?
- What is the difference between “baby blues,” postpartum depression, and postpartum psychosis?
- What steps can I take if I have symptoms of depression during...
This fact sheet provides answers to frequently asked questions about gonorrhea. It addresses the following topics:
- What is gonorrhea?
- How do you get gonorrhea?
- Who is at risk for gonorrhea?
- What are the symptoms of gonorrhea?
- Are there tests for gonorrhea?
- How is gonorrhea treated?
- What happens if gonorrhea isn’t treated?
- Can gonorrhea cause problems during pregnancy?
- How can I keep from getting gonorrhea?
This educational guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
The guide includes the following sections:
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask the doctor
- Helpful links
This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in prenatal care and a collection of “lessons learned” by health plans serving Medicaid members. It will help health plans review common barriers that Medicaid plans face in improving birth outcomes, develop strategies to overcome these barriers, review clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measure incremental and long-term change.
This toolkit addresses the...
This summary provides information on cervical cancer and how often it occurs and prevention methods. It includes the following sections:
- Overview of prevention
- Purposes of this summary
- Cervical cancer prevention
- Significance of cervical cancer
- Cervical cancer prevention
- HPV infection
- Sexual history
- Reproductive history
- Use of oral contraceptives...
This slideshow presentation summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/College of American Pathologists (CAP) Guideline Recommendations for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Testing in Breast Cancer.
This slideshow contains 25 slides and is organized into the following sections:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Optimal testing algorithm for the assessment of HER2 status
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...
This tool will help men learn about early-stage prostate cancer, current treatments, and the pros and cons of each treatment.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember
- Three men…three different treatment choices
- Facts about prostate cancer
- What is the prostate?
- Thinking about treatment choices
- Medical tests and terms
- Types of treatment...
This checklist from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) lists all the elements that should be reported in each HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2) status report. The checklists include both types of HER2 testing methods—immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).