This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of ovarian epithelial cancer.
This summary includes the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Stage I and stage II ovarian epithelial cancer
- Treatment options
- Stage III and stage IV ovarian epithelial...
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to review and update evidence-based strategies for breast cancer followup and management in asymptomatic patients following primary, curative therapy. The panel observed the 1996 outcomes criteria that justify the use of a drug or technology in the guideline development process. Therapy was recommended when compelling positive effects to survival, quality of life, and/or cost-effectiveness was demonstrated.
This summary for patients focuses on prostate cancer prevention.
The purpose of this summary is to:
Give information on prostate cancer and how often it occurs.
Describe prostate cancer prevention methods.
Give current facts about which men or groups of men would most likely be helped by following prostate cancer prevention methods.
This fact sheet summarizes current recommendations on the use of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine.
It is divided into the following sections:
- Provisional recommendations
- Duration of protection
- Delivery (provisional recommendations)
- Vaccination policies
- Other vaccines in development
This fact sheet, part of The Heart Truth campaign, will help women determine their personal risk of heart disease and learn which steps to take to reduce the chance of developing heart disease.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is heart disease?
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Risk factors for heart disease
This guide describes cervical cancer, risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options. It is organized into the following sections:
- What is it?
- Causes, risk factors, and prevention
- Early detection, diagnosis, and staging
- Treating cervical cancer
- Talking with your doctor
- More information
This database provides State- and county-level health data for all 50 States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories and possessions. Data are available by gender and race/ethnicity and come from a variety of National and State sources. Users can generate custom tables, graphs, and maps.
Database users follow a three-step process:
- Select variables, from among 11 categories:
- Health care access
- Codes and status for geographic area
This guide will take patients recently diagnosed with endometrial cancer through the basics of what they need to know about their treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Endometrial cancer: An overview
- Working with your treatment team
- Talking with your treatment team
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Living with cancer...
This tool by the American Cancer Society provides lists of questions to guide women with breast cancer in talking with their cancer care team.
The questions are organized into the following sections:
- When you’re told you have breast cancer
- When deciding on a treatment plan
- Before treatment
- During and after treatment
- Other questions I need answered (blank template for additional questions)