This Web site provides consumers with detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare- and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Other resources are available at the site to help consumers with their nursing home choices.
This Web site includes the following sections:
- Find–Search for nursing homes by:
- ZIP code
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This interactive decision-support tool assists consumers who are considering signing up for Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.
After answering a short series of questions on this Web site, users will learn the following:
- How their current insurance or other prescription drug coverage affects their options and rights under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Whether they qualify for extra help with their costs under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage...
This Web page provides users with information about their Medicare eligibility and enrollment. It includes the My Medicare Enrollment tool, which guides users through a series of questions and provides detailed information tailored to the user’s specific situation.
This Web page provides users with the following information on Medicare eligibility:
- My Medicare Enrollment tool
- General enrollment and eligibility
- General enrollment information
This consumer guide helps older Pennsylvanians choose Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Part C) are managed care plans offered by private insurance companies that manage the health care of their enrolled members.
- Lists managed care plans by county
- Provides comparisons on monthly premiums and co-payments
- Gives an overview of the benefits offered
- Presents information about several quality measurements, as...
This tool will help Medicare beneficiaries learn more about the new Medicare prescription drug coverage and enable them to find and compare prescription drug plans that meet their personal needs.
This tool enables users to:
- Find a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan
- View their current plan
- Learn more about drug coverage options
- Learn more about plans in their area
- Learn about important coverage...
This toolkit can be used by family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries to help the beneficiaries understand the new Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries can use this toolkit to:
- Understand the basics of Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Determine how your friend or family member gets current prescription coverage today
- Gather some important information
- Review the plan choices
- Help them enroll...