This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
This fact sheet provides consumer information about the different types of diabetes.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
This workbook is a learning tool for all State officials who want to improve the quality of health care. In conjunction with the Resource Guide, which uses State-level data on diabetes care from the 2003 National Healthcare Quality Report, this workbook is designed to help States assess the quality of care in their States and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This workbook takes users through a series of written exercises that will help them begin to...
This brochure gives people with diabetes information about the effects of that disease on vision and types of eye disease.
This brochure includes the following sections:
- Meet two people with diabetes
- Facts about diabetes and eye disease
- What is diabetic eye disease?
- Diabetic eye diseases
- What is diabetic retinopathy?
- What is the treatment for diabetic retinopathy?
- How to protect your eyes
- Test yourself
This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with diabetes.
This tool addresses the following diabetes care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
- Improvement model...
This guide suggests ways for adults with diabetes to work with a health care team to prevent diabetes-related health problems. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining normal blood glucose levels and offers resource information.
The following topics are addressed in this guide:
- Controlling your diabetes
- Keeping track of your blood glucose
- Feelings about having diabetes
- Eye problems
- Kidney problems
- Heart and blood vessel problems...
This checklist is for providers treating patients with diabetes mellitus. It is based on the clinical practice guideline created by The Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium for the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus, which applies to patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and recommends specific interventions for periodic medical assessment, laboratory tests, and education to guide effective patient self-management.
Providers may use this checklist to keep track...