The Better Diabetes Care Toolbox is a Web-based list of useful tools to help diabetes health care providers and planners locate, select, and effectively implement them into practice.
This toolkit contains information about comprehensive diabetes exams focused on symptoms and complications of diabetes. The toolkit explains how to differentiate a comprehensive diabetes exam from an annual physical. By providing a specialized diabetes exam, providers are able to dedicate attention to disease management and test results.
Diabetic patients may be interested in these materials so that they can advocate for a comprehensive diabetes examination with their physician.
This guide reinforces consistent diabetes messages across the four disciplines—pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, and dentistry (PPOD)—and promotes a team approach to comprehensive diabetes care that encourages collaboration among all care providers.
The guide includes the following sections:
- Diabetes: A major health problem
- Impact of controlling the ABCs of diabetes
- Diabetes management and team care
- What to discuss with patients with diabetes
This brochure gives patients with diabetes information about how to check their feet and tips to prevent foot injuries related to diabetes.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- How to check your feet
- What to look for
- How to care for your feet
- Tips to remember
This 162-page resource guide is designed to help States assess their quality of diabetes care and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This resource guide is divided into six modules:
- Module 1: Background (making the case for diabetes care quality improvement)
- Module 2: Data (understanding the foundation of quality improvement)
- Module 3: Information (interpreting State estimates of diabetes quality)
- Module 4: Action (...
This fact sheet provides consumer information about the different types of diabetes.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
This workbook is a learning tool for all State officials who want to improve the quality of health care. In conjunction with the Resource Guide, which uses State-level data on diabetes care from the 2003 National Healthcare Quality Report, this workbook is designed to help States assess the quality of care in their States and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This workbook takes users through a series of written exercises that will help them begin to...
This brochure gives people with diabetes information about the effects of that disease on vision and types of eye disease.
This brochure includes the following sections:
- Meet two people with diabetes
- Facts about diabetes and eye disease
- What is diabetic eye disease?
- Diabetic eye diseases
- What is diabetic retinopathy?
- What is the treatment for diabetic retinopathy?
- How to protect your eyes
- Test yourself
This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with diabetes.
This tool addresses the following diabetes care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
- Improvement model...
This guide suggests ways for adults with diabetes to work with a health care team to prevent diabetes-related health problems. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining normal blood glucose levels and offers resource information.
The following topics are addressed in this guide:
- Controlling your diabetes
- Keeping track of your blood glucose
- Feelings about having diabetes
- Eye problems
- Kidney problems
- Heart and blood vessel problems...