This illustrated, 44-page booklet includes information about checking and controlling blood glucose–also called blood sugar–maintaining a healthy diet, staying physically active, and taking tests and diabetes medications during pregnancy.
Topics and resources include:
- Taking care of your baby and yourself
- Your diabetes, before and during your pregnancy
- Checking your baby’s health during pregnancy
- About labor and...
This protocol from the Improving Diabetes Efforts Across Language and Literacy (IDEALL) Health Project helps facilitators implement the Automated Telephone Diabetes Management (ATDM) support component. The tool is used for the two forms of support–automated telephone diabetes management and group medical visits–which were implemented for a group of patients with poor control of type 2 diabetes.
The topics covered include:
- Survey details
This guide is a resource for evidence-based recommendations and findings about what interventions work to improve public health. The guide helps public health professionals choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in their community.
Systematic reviews are used to answer these questions:
- Which program and policy interventions have been proven effective?
- Are there effective interventions that are right for my community?
This training guide helps facilitators implement group visits for patients with diabetes. The manual and protocol provide a philosophy and guide for group visit facilitators to follow to increase the patient’s level of personal empowerment.
The topics covered include:
- Timeline and project overview
- Group visit theory and design
- Guidelines for empowerment-based facilitation
- Facilitator checklist ...
This free online resource for managers, occupational health providers, benefits and human resource managers, and employees helps companies assess the impact of diabetes and the need for education in the workplace. Information on the Web site also helps employees with or at risk for diabetes manage their diabetes while at work and teaches them how to reduce their risk for further complications.
The site includes the following information:
- Getting started
This report describes the Decreasing Disparities Strategy Workgroup's development of a learning network project that included interventions and needs assessments at community health centers to help reduce the diabetes disparity in the Hispanic population.
The report includes:
- Project description
- Structure of the learning network
- Evaluation design
- Self-management training for Montgomery County Primary Care Coalition clinics
This series of four animated children's books promotes diabetes education and encourages a return to traditional ways, including physical activity and healthy eating. While the characters and books were originally designed to provide culturally based information for Native American children in kindergarten through fourth grade, the series may appeal to children and parents of all cultures.
The series of videos includes:
- Through the Eyes of the Eagle (tells children...
Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention (LEAP) is a comprehensive program that can dramatically reduce lower extremity amputations in individuals with diabetes mellitus, Hansen’s disease, or any condition that results in loss
of protective sensation in the feet.
The LEAP program consists of the following:
- The five-step LEAP program
- Annual foot screening
- Patient education
- Daily self inspection of the foot
- Appropriate footwear...
The Diabetes Recipe and Meal Planner Guide offers steps to healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle to control and manage diabetes.
The guide includes:
- How to create a healthy meal plan
- What is the diabetes food pyramid?
- What is the right number of servings for you?
- Spanish guide
The Diabetes Prevention and Management toolkit contains tools for adults, children, and health care providers.
The available tools include:
- Tools for adults
- Tools to help manage diabetes
- Personal diabetes care card
- Manage your diabetes brochure
- Tools to help prevent diabetes
- You have the power to prevent diabetes/the healthy plate handout
- Am I at risk for type 2 diabetes? booklet
- Your game...