This toolkit is based on experience gained in the Medication Evaluation and Drug Use Problem Identification to Improve Safety in High Risk Medicare Beneficiaries (MEDIS-MB) study. The toolkit has two goals: to describe the medication therapy management (MTM) program assessed in the MEDIS-MB study, and to provide experience and tools used in the assessment. Two groups can benefit from using the toolkit: researchers who are evaluating MTM programs, and MTM service providers who need tools for...
This interactive tool helps practitioners determine their payment adjustments and reimbursements for each of the Medicare incentive programs. It shows what payment adjustments to expect based on past, current, and expected future participation in the following programs:
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Medicare Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program
- Physician Quality Reporting System
The Dartmouth Atlas Project Web site provides data and information on how medical resources are distributed and used in the United States. The project uses Medicare data to provide comprehensive information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians. This research has helped policymakers, the media, health care analysts, and others improve their understanding of the health care system and forms the foundation for...
The Home Health Care CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey is designed to measure the experiences of people receiving home health care from Medicare-certified home health care agencies. The survey is designed to meet the following three broad goals:
- To produce comparable data on the patient’s perspective that allows objective and meaningful comparisons between home health agencies on domains that are important to consumers
This fact sheet describes the Medicaid/Medicare dual eligible population and related issues. Dual eligibles are low-income elderly and persons with disabilities who are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid. Information in the document discusses why this population needs Medicaid, what services they receive from Medicaid, and the current policy challenges related to dual eligibles, including the new Medicare prescription drug benefit.
This Web page provides users with information about their Medicare eligibility and enrollment. It includes the My Medicare Enrollment tool, which guides users through a series of questions and provides detailed information tailored to the user’s specific situation.
This Web page provides users with the following information on Medicare eligibility:
- My Medicare Enrollment tool
- General enrollment and eligibility
- General enrollment information
This consumer guide helps older Pennsylvanians choose Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Part C) are managed care plans offered by private insurance companies that manage the health care of their enrolled members.
- Lists managed care plans by county
- Provides comparisons on monthly premiums and co-payments
- Gives an overview of the benefits offered
- Presents information about several quality measurements, as...
This tool will help Medicare beneficiaries learn more about the new Medicare prescription drug coverage and enable them to find and compare prescription drug plans that meet their personal needs.
This tool enables users to:
- Find a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan
- View their current plan
- Learn more about drug coverage options
- Learn more about plans in their area
- Learn about important coverage...
This toolkit can be used by family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries to help the beneficiaries understand the new Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries can use this toolkit to:
- Understand the basics of Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Determine how your friend or family member gets current prescription coverage today
- Gather some important information
- Review the plan choices
- Help them enroll...
This toolkit provides downloadable educational materials specifically for physicians and other health care professionals and their staff to learn the basics about Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Contents of the toolkit include:
- Reproducible artwork
- Letter from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Fact sheet (English and Spanish)
- List of resources