This toolkit is based on experience gained in the Medication Evaluation and Drug Use Problem Identification to Improve Safety in High Risk Medicare Beneficiaries (MEDIS-MB) study. The toolkit has two goals: to describe the medication therapy management (MTM) program assessed in the MEDIS-MB study, and to provide experience and tools used in the assessment. Two groups can benefit from using the toolkit: researchers who are evaluating MTM programs, and MTM service providers who need tools for...
This interactive tool helps practitioners determine their payment adjustments and reimbursements for each of the Medicare incentive programs. It shows what payment adjustments to expect based on past, current, and expected future participation in the following programs:
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Medicare Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program
- Physician Quality Reporting System
The Dartmouth Atlas Project Web site provides data and information on how medical resources are distributed and used in the United States. The project uses Medicare data to provide comprehensive information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians. This research has helped policymakers, the media, health care analysts, and others improve their understanding of the health care system and forms the foundation for...
The Home Health Care CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey is designed to measure the experiences of people receiving home health care from Medicare-certified home health care agencies. The survey is designed to meet the following three broad goals:
- To produce comparable data on the patient’s perspective that allows objective and meaningful comparisons between home health agencies on domains that are important to consumers
This fact sheet describes the Medicaid/Medicare dual eligible population and related issues. Dual eligibles are low-income elderly and persons with disabilities who are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid. Information in the document discusses why this population needs Medicaid, what services they receive from Medicaid, and the current policy challenges related to dual eligibles, including the new Medicare prescription drug benefit.
This 68-page guide is designed to help consumers find and compare nursing homes. It can help families make the best choice when planning ahead or when they need to make an unexpected decision.
This guide includes the following sections:
- Important information if you have Medicare
- For readers who are helping another person choose a nursing home
- How to use this booklet
- Who can help answer questions?
- Choosing the type of...
This Web site provides consumers with detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare- and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Other resources are available at the site to help consumers with their nursing home choices.
This Web site includes the following sections:
- Find–Search for nursing homes by:
- ZIP code
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This interactive decision-support tool assists consumers who are considering signing up for Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.
After answering a short series of questions on this Web site, users will learn the following:
- How their current insurance or other prescription drug coverage affects their options and rights under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Whether they qualify for extra help with their costs under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage...
This Web page provides users with information about their Medicare eligibility and enrollment. It includes the My Medicare Enrollment tool, which guides users through a series of questions and provides detailed information tailored to the user’s specific situation.
This Web page provides users with the following information on Medicare eligibility:
- My Medicare Enrollment tool
- General enrollment and eligibility
- General enrollment information