This toolkit is based on experience gained in the Medication Evaluation and Drug Use Problem Identification to Improve Safety in High Risk Medicare Beneficiaries (MEDIS-MB) study. The toolkit has two goals: to describe the medication therapy management (MTM) program assessed in the MEDIS-MB study, and to provide experience and tools used in the assessment. Two groups can benefit from using the toolkit: researchers who are evaluating MTM programs, and MTM service providers who need tools for...
This interactive tool helps practitioners determine their payment adjustments and reimbursements for each of the Medicare incentive programs. It shows what payment adjustments to expect based on past, current, and expected future participation in the following programs:
- Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program
- Medicare Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program
- Physician Quality Reporting System
The Dartmouth Atlas Project Web site provides data and information on how medical resources are distributed and used in the United States. The project uses Medicare data to provide comprehensive information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians. This research has helped policymakers, the media, health care analysts, and others improve their understanding of the health care system and forms the foundation for...
The Home Health Care CAHPS (Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) Survey is designed to measure the experiences of people receiving home health care from Medicare-certified home health care agencies. The survey is designed to meet the following three broad goals:
- To produce comparable data on the patient’s perspective that allows objective and meaningful comparisons between home health agencies on domains that are important to consumers
This fact sheet describes the Medicaid/Medicare dual eligible population and related issues. Dual eligibles are low-income elderly and persons with disabilities who are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid. Information in the document discusses why this population needs Medicaid, what services they receive from Medicaid, and the current policy challenges related to dual eligibles, including the new Medicare prescription drug benefit.
This toolkit provides downloadable educational materials specifically for physicians and other health care professionals and their staff to learn the basics about Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Contents of the toolkit include:
- Reproducible artwork
- Letter from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Fact sheet (English and Spanish)
- List of resources
This tool gives detailed information about Medicare-certified home health agencies. Users can search for information by State, county, or zip code or by the name of the home health agency.
This database enables users to view and print a personalized chart comparing Medicare health plans in their area and provides information about the various types of Medicare plans.
This tool offers the following options:
- Find and compare Medicare health plans (includes original Medicare plan and Medicare health plans)
- Find and compare Medigap policies
- Enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan
- Access a directory of all Medicare health plans in your State or...
This 24-page report outlines recommendations for a manageable number of performance measures that States can use to assure the quality of integrated care in their contracts with special needs plans, which offer significant new opportunities to integrate Medicaid and Medicare coverage for beneficiaries who are dually eligible.
This report addresses the following topics:
- Overview of performance measurement for integrated care programs
- Center for Health Care Strategies...
This 68-page guide is designed to help consumers find and compare nursing homes. It can help families make the best choice when planning ahead or when they need to make an unexpected decision.
This guide includes the following sections:
- Important information if you have Medicare
- For readers who are helping another person choose a nursing home
- How to use this booklet
- Who can help answer questions?
- Choosing the type of...