This toolkit provides strategies and templates to help long-term care facilities and their clinicians implement projects to enhance the quality of care for elderly residents with Alzheimer’s disease.
The toolkit includes the following components:
- Algorithm and instructions for toolkit implementation
- Sample data collection form and quality measures/calculation instructions
- PowerPoint slides used during Stage B clinical inservice meetings
The Dementia Capability Toolkit identifies resources that States and communities can use to design initiatives to ensure that programs are dementia-capable. In dementia-capable systems, programs are tailored to the unique needs of people with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias and their caregivers.
The toolkit is divided into the following sections:
- Prevalence and impact of dementia
- Identification and awareness of a possible dementia
Partnering with Your Doctor: A Guide for Persons with Memory Problems and Their Caregivers will help patients learn about memory problem diagnosis. It is also helpful for caregivers assisting someone with Alzheimer’s disease or a related illness. Providers can give this guide to patients to help them learn about a memory problem and to caregivers who assist individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or a related illness.
The guide provides information about:
- When is memory...
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
This National Institute on Aging Web site provides current, comprehensive information and resources concerning Alzheimer’s disease (AD) for health professionals, people with AD, and their families.
This site includes the following sections:
- Alzheimer’s information (includes links to numerous publications, some in easy-to-read and Spanish versions)
- General information
- Treatment (includes a link to an AD...
This tool, developed by the American Academy of Neurology, provides guidelines that summarize the best research on recognizing, diagnosing, and providing treatment options for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- How can you recognize Alzheimer’s disease?
- How does a doctor diagnose Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the treatment and care options available today?
- Where can you find more resources?...
This tool is a two-page summary of three American Academy of Neurology guidelines on dementia. This summary focuses on Alzheimer’s disease (AD), for which current evidence is strongest and clearest.
This summary addresses the following practice parameters:
- Detection of dementia – Mild cognitive impairment
- Diagnosis of dementia
- Management of dementia
This summary also presents strategies to improve functional performance and reduce problem...