The Care Notebook is a tool for families of children with special health care needs to organize information about their child’s chronic health condition. The notebook contains sections that can be filled out as a reference about the child’s health and treatments. It is a transportable tool that can be taken and shared with doctors, other health care professionals, or school or child care personnel.
Parents can use the Care Notebook for the following:
- Tracking changes in their child’s medicines or treatments
- Listing phone numbers for health care providers and community organizations
- Preparing for appointments
- Filing information about their child’s health history
- Sharing new information with their child’s primary doctor, public health or school nurse, daycare staff, and others caring for their child