The Patient & Family Centered Care Advisory Council (PFCC) functions as a focus group to the Parrish Medical Center Inter-professional Practice Council (IPC) and Clinical Alignment Team.
The Council's overarching purpose is to support Parrish Medical Center's patient and family-centered mission—Healing experiences for everyone all the time®.
Council members will be involved in performance improvement initiatives in support of PMC's strategic Game Plan. Performance improvement initiatives will be focused on clinical quality, patient safety and patient's healthcare experiences.
Patient & Family Advisory Council Member Criteria:
- Full time resident of North Brevard County for at least five years.
- Have had experience (self or family) with a health care service within the last two years (with no outstanding bills).
- Willing to undergo a background check in keeping with our patient safety policies.
- Cannot be employed by any other healthcare provider or insurer.
- Able to participate in meetings every other month (date, time and location to be determined).
- Able to exchange information collaboratively with other council members.
- Be encouraging of fellow council members to share ideas and viewpoints.
- Be respectful and courteous during council meetings.
The Advisory Council will be comprised of no more than seven members per the criteria above.
- Five patient, family, community members
- Two PMC representatives who will facilitate and coordinate council's activities
Applications will be accepted every other year during the months of August and January.
- Staggered terms; every six month beginning in August
- August: recruit 3 patients and 2 family/community member.
- January: recruit 2 patients and 1 family/community member
- Two year term limits.
The Council will be co-led/facilitated by two PMC representatives:
- Patient Experience Professional
- IPC or Clinical Alignment Representative
Council will meet five times year (February, April, June, August, October)
Annual objectives will be set in alignment with PMC's Game Plan and process improvement initiatives.
For FY2016 objectives will be:
- Advise on patient and family expectations/engagement as measured by the CMS HCAHPs nurse communication domain, including tactics such as My Story, Take 5 and Patient Hourly Rounding program
- Advise on patient and family expectations/engagement as measured by CMS HCAHPs physician communication domain, including tactics such as multidisciplinary daily rounds.
Implementation Time Line