Clinical & Community Linkages
Clinical & Community Linkages Wednesday, August 3, 2011
A long-term goal of AHRQ is to foster linkages between clinical practices and community organizations to enhance the delivery of preventive services. By increasing access to health care and community services, these linkages can improve health outcomes and reduce disparities.
The featured Innovations describe two programs that increased access to culturally competent services through a comprehensive approach that included linkages.
The featured QualityTools offer resources to build clinical and community partnerships, including an assessment of community health needs.
- Tools for Building Clinic–Community Partnerships To Support Chronic Disease Control and Prevention
- Resource Guide for Health Care Professionals Interested in Advocating for Children's Health
- Community Health Assessment aNd Group Evaluation (CHANGE): Building a Foundation of Knowledge to Prioritize Community Needs
Also in This Issue:
- Early Identification and Intervention Leads to Lower-Than-Expected Rates of Schizophrenia for At-Risk Adolescents
- Standardized Ordering and Administration of Total Parenteral Nutrition Reduces Errors in Children's Hospital
- Tools, Education, and Technical Assistance Encourage Schools to Adopt Strategies That Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Youth
- Tools, Education, and Technical Assistance Help Primary Care Providers Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Youth
- Tools, Education, and Technical Assistance Encourage Child Care Sites to Adopt Strategies That Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Young Children