|This 241-page guide helps hospitals implement practices to become more patient centered.It outlines best practices and addresses common barriers to implementing patient-centered care. |
It addresses the following topics:
The appendix includes a list of practices and tools.
- Patient-centered care: An idea whose time has come
- How to use the patient-centered care improvement guide
- Self-assessment tool
- Patient-centered care as culture change
- The myths of patient-centered care
- Setting the stage, strengthening the foundation: Strategies for engaging leadership, staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, and families
- Practical approaches for building a patient-centered culture
- Patient-centered approaches to data and technology
- Personal strategies: What you can do now
Picker Institute, Inc.; Planetree, Inc.
Picker Institute, Inc.
- Release Date: 10/2008
- Original Summary: 11/2008
Disclaimer: The inclusion of a tool in the Innovations Exchange does not constitute or imply an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality or Westat of the tool or of the submitter or developer of the tool.